- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced parsley
- 8 slices bread (I use whole grain)
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 In a small bowl, mash together avocado, lemon juice, cumin and salt until smooth. Stir in parsley and set aside.
- 2 Top four of the bread slices with cheese; spread with avocado mixture and top with tomato slices. Add the four remaining bread slices on top. Using 1 tablespoon of the softened butter, spread some on the top of each sandwich.
- 3 Heat a large nonstick griddle or 12-inch skillet, over medium-high heat. Add sandwiches, buttered sides down. Carefully spread the remaining softened butter over the top of each sandwich.
- 4 Cook 4-6 minutes or until toasted, turning once.
Great with a can Organic Tomato Soup!!
Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/avocado-tomato-grilled-cheese-sandwich-412128?oc=linkback