It’s almost dinner time and as always, I have food on the brain. But tonight, I don’t want take forever hovering over the stove and have it go straight to my hips. So, with a quick tap on the keyboard I found some “quick and healthy” recipes from MyRecipes.com. I think tonight I’m gonna try this Soft Chicken Tacos, but maybe with ground turkey and a little extra spice for a little kick. What do you think?
4 servings (serving size: 3 tacos)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Cooking spray
- 12 (6-inch) white corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (such as Tillamook)
- Low-fat sour cream (optional)
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; rub spice mixture over chicken.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes; chop.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide chicken evenly among tortillas; top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons cabbage and 1 teaspoon cheese. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
- Serve with Pico de Gallo or Tomatillo Salsa.
Amount per serving
- Calories: 329
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 12.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Carbohydrate: 29.4g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 466mg
- Calcium: 109mg