If you’re like some of my gardening friends, you have a bunch of zucchini from this year’s garden then you know what to do with. If you’re a zucchinni – phile like myself, these recipes might just do the what you’re looking for. Bon appetite!
Easy Zucchini Parmesan
Great as a snack!
- Zucchini, 1 cup, sliced
- Parmesan Cheese, grated, 1 tbsp
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, Original Buttery Spray, 10 sprays
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, then coat with some non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the zucchini slices out on the pan, then spritz with them with the butter spray.
- Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and then pop it in the oven.
- Broil for a few minutes – until the cheese starts to brown.
- Enjoy it while it’s warm!
Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
- 1 ½ lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 ¼ cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce (divided)
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 4-5 medium zucchini
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a medium skillet brown ground beef. Drain and set aside to cool. In a large bowl mix cooled ground beef, onion, green pepper, jalapeno pepper, soft bread crumbs, egg, parsley, basil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix in one can of tomato sauce. Stir in tomatoes.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until zucchini have reached your desired tenderness. During the last few minutes of baking top each zucchini half with mozzarella cheese.
- Cut each zucchini in half length wise. Scoop out the center of each zucchini half to about ¼ inch from the edges. Fill each zucchini half with the meat mixture and place in two 13×9” baking dishes. Spoon the other can of tomato sauce over the top of each zucchini half.
**Because the center of the zucchini is my favorite part, I might try to mix in some of it into the filler. I’ll let you know how it goes!