Labor Day is right around the corner! Are you entertaining guests? Cooking just for your family? Either way, you can be deliciously festive with this crafty finger food: Caprese crisps! This twist on the classic Caprese salad comes from Mom.me, and it’s the perfect one-bite appetizer for the aesthetically inclined host or hostess.
What you need:
– French bread
– Mozzarella pearls
– Basil leaves
– Festive decorative toothpicks
– Panini press
What to do:
1. Slice your tomatoes in half, and then the halves into fourths.
2. Slice the French bread into thick slices (they thin down considerably during pressing).
3. Using a large cookie cutter, cut star shapes out of the bead slices, avoiding the crust.
4. Coat the panini press with cooking spray and lay out the bread stars.
5. Press the top of the panini press down until the bread has nice grill marks.
6. After removing the bread from the press, layer on the tomato, basil, mozzarella, and salt. Top with another piece of star-shaped bread.
7. Finish off with a fun, decorative toothpick.
Visit Mom.me for the whole process and step-by-step photos!
And don’t forget your jewelry to match!